PAS Team 6 Pooram Elephants
What did the team learn about diversity from this activity?
• India has 17 official languages and around 57 dialects - (but not Heinz 57 varieties)
• The female to male ratio varies from State to State, with the lowest at 85 females per 100 males and up to 98 females per 100 males
• The Pooram festival is centred around Kerala
• The food of the area is quite different to the North
• Coconut is a main ingredient
• The rice is different, it is dark and the husk retained
• They dink pink water - coloured with a root extract - do they see pink Elephants as well?
• Dress is different, women wear a two piece not a Sari, which is usually white with gold edging
• The State has 100% literacy rate, in some States it is still very low.
What did the team gain from activity?
• We experienced a re-kindling of our artistic painting creativity, which for of us has been dormant since school days or our kids school days
• Working very closely together and cooperatively
• Proposing, agreeing, implementing design ideas with revisions and modifications - just like business requirements and resultant system requirements
• Painting in very close proximity, we had up to three brushes on the elephant simultaneously, we had to be orderly and mindful of impact of ones actions on partners
• Paying attention to detail
• Observed there is more than one way to skin a cat or decorate an Elephant - as seen in the wide range of designs applied to the 9 PAS Elephants
Be your whole self at work and exercise your creative mind with Blossom. Blossom is a place where you can add your photographs, movies, thoughts, poetry and drawings.